Monday, April 13, 2009

Introduction to the Blog


Hi. Let me make a brief introduction: I call myself Oshovah (or Osh), and this blog is dedicated to the alternate reality game by Sun Microsystems called PIE, an acronym for "Paranormal Investigation Experts."

With varying degrees of participation, I've played a handful of ARG's in the past. This includes ilovebees, a promotional game and audio drama for Halo 2; Ares Station, a Telecommunications thesis project by two graduate students; and IRIS, an ARG in anticipation of the release of Halo 3. These varying degrees of participation, however, were never very high, as I didn't find myself contributing much to the progression of the game. There was also always some confusion in my mind about one thing or another; this, combined with my lack of involvement, hampered my experience of the games.

So, in my recent decision to "play" this game, I've also decided to create a blog in which I can focus my thoughts in an attempt to fully appreciate the work that's gone into the creation of this ARG. Hopefully, this blog will also help others to do this as well. I plan on soon posting a re-cap (or a series of re-caps) of what has happened so far in the game, both story-wise and in respect to the challenges. I also plan to post analyses of the different aspects of the game and updates on the game as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment